The Department of Corporate Secretaryship was established in the year 2000 under self financing stream after witnessing steady employability for the graduates in the corporate sector. The curriculum offered to the students is in the framework offered by the experts from Academia, industries and management establishments.
“Institutional Training” is unique in this course which enables every student pursuing B.Com (C.S) to undergo a compulsory practical training programme for about 30 days .The department arranges training programmes in reputed companies like Ashok Leyland,Caterpillar,TTK Healthcare Limited,TI Diamonds,TI Cycles and in government undertakings such as KVIC,Chennai for softskills development.
EDP cell of the department has a keen focus on bringing in healthy associations with several reputed companies and training centres for the overall development of the students.
CORP CONCORD , the student-teacher conglomerate, actively engages the students to develop leadership qualities which is a significant feature of the corporate sector.
ENTR FAIR, the entrepreneurial development program conducts exhibition of the articles created by the students and thus create a platform for marketing their goods.
The department reference library is well equipped with books, journals and periodicals on corporate world and management.
Mr B.Balamurali, M.Com., M.Phil., SET.,
Assistant Professor & Head
Mrs M.Jeevitha Kumari , M.Com., M.Phil.,
Dr P.Libia, M.Com., Ph.D.,
Ms Jensi Mahiza, M.Com., M.Phil.,
- 09.07.2015 : Inauguration of Corporate Concord
- 07.08.2015 : Guest Lecture on Personality Enrichment. Chief Guest – Mr T.Rufus Singh, Assistant Professor, Department of Social Work, Madras School of Social Work
- 02 & 03.09.2015 : Corporate Carnival. Chief Guest – Dr S.Kalpana Bai, Principal, DRBCCC Hindu College
- 11.02.2016 : Workshop on Interpersonal Conflict and Self Esteem. Chief Guest – Mrs E.Anuradha, Trainer, Tri-E Organisation
- 24.02.2016 : KIBBUTHZ 2K16. Chief Guest – Mr C.S.Dhanapalan, Company Secretary
- 20.07.2016: Concord Association Ceremony
- 17.09.2016: One Day Workshop on Intricacies of Income Tax by Dr N.Rajendra Naidu, Director & Dr K.Bhavani Selvi, HOD Commerce, DRBCCC Hindu College
- 30.08.2016 & 01.09.2016 – Corporate Carnival
- 23.02.2017 – KIBBUTHZ 2K17. Chief Guest: Dr C.Sylendra Babu, IPS, ADGP, Coastal Security, Tamil Nadu
- 24.02.2017 – Guest Lecture on Logistics by Mr Ibrahim, Co-ordinator, Indian Institute of Logistics
- 14.06.2017 – Induction Training Programme by Mr Mohammad Fayaz, Alumni
- 28.06.2017 – Workshop on School to Campus by Mr Mohan, Senior Executive Officer, Wintig Enabling Life Consultancy
- 06.07.2017 – One Day Seminar on Scope and Job Opportunities in Logistics by Mr Ibrahim & Mrs Sweatha, Indian Institute of Logistics
- 27.07.2017 – Inauguration of Corporate Concord Association
- 30.07.2017 – Workshop on Emerging Trend in Technology SAP – APP by Mr.Asupathy, CEO- Authorised partner, Miss.Santhy ,ERP- Head & Miss.Nisha, HRD, Anand Info Solution
- 24.08.2017 – Corporate Carnival -Inter department competition on “Venture Evolution” by Miss.Rama Venugopal, Executive Director, M/s. Value Added Corporate Services Pvt. Ltd.